Tuesday 27 December 2016

I might be a hypocrite in Armored Warfare....


...by purchasing the tier VII premium Centauro 120 WOLF.


Quite some time ago, I started my original fun, wheeled adventures with the tier IV LAV III and by the second battle, I was rather enjoying how it worked and some of the results I was producing. But, I slowly drifted back to Main Battle Tanks and put the LAV on the back burner.




Shortly after the big Christmas sale started, I bought the tier VIII AMX-10 RCR and have been experimenting again with a wheeled "unarmored" playstyle, along side my tried-and-true rolling bunker brawlers. Despite a slow start to things, I have learned much and applied those lessons to selecting more appropriate map positions and enemy targets. I freely admit, I still have a long ways to go.



Currently on sale for $21.00 in my part of the world, I have already thrown what I had set out to be a limited Christmas budget for Armored Warfare right out the window. I bought it for the simple fact that having a future tier IX premium that fits an enjoyable, alternative playstyle is a no brainer, for me. 

I want to be in the higher tiers for a number of reasons, such as the larger hitpoint pool of enemy vehicles creates the high potential for more damage, which turns into better credit payouts and reputation earned. Also, a stronger possibility of playing with and/or against higher skilled players (might venture back into PvP, if more folks return to fill up the queue). 


One reason I didn't buy it was for the "look at me" factor. I knew very well that is probably the most important motivator for some people out there who bought it during this short sales window. They want the attention of driving around in something that will not be attainable to players coming to the game in the future.


I am predicting now a situation very similar to what I saw in World of Tanks after the removal of the tier VIII premium Type-59 and the first Clan Wars reward tanks, which were advertised as tier X premiums, were released and seen by the public. Last time I recently looked, I saw the same out question of "How do I get one" raised and the ignorant and asinine answers that were given in return.

In fact, as you can see, both have already started.

For now, the Centauro 120 WOLF is still a tier VII premium and here was my first foray with it on the battlefield....

No comments:

Post a Comment