Sunday 21 February 2016

Pain and annoyance from above


Artillery, also known as arty, is the bane of existence for some players in tank games, especially if they are used against them. In World of Tanks, the hatred for this vehicle class has been allowed to fester and spread, causing the continued use of, what I consider to be, very inappropriate terminology and labels to go unchecked.

In Armored Warfare, that same hatred is slowly swelling there too.


I don't hate arty, but I don't love them either. If I am on the receiving end of their damage, I usual mutter under my breath, mostly at myself for getting caught in a position where they could get me. However, when I see one on my team, I pray real hard they are good with their choice of machine.

As for me breaking down to get an artillery piece myself, there are two reasons for this. First, to unlock and acquire this commander....


Up until just recently, I have been making do with both commanders I started the game with, Philipp Holzklau and Sabrina Washington.


During the Wölfli’s Gold Rush, I ran my tier IV Light Tank, Sheridan to collect Rashid Al-Atassi, but I don't currently have anything that he would prove useful in. Juan, on the other hand, would make life in certain MBT's a lot easier.


However, in the here and now, Sabrina Washington was rotated into the new Gvosdika, since her skillset was strongest in staying hidden, I thought a good trait for artillery. 


Using the some of my remaining credits and banked reputation, I unlocked and loaded the best ammunition I could get my hands on.


With fingers crossed, I queued up for a medium mission, Matchmaker keeping things mysterious for good measure.


Operation: Stormy Winter, okay, how bad could this be?


With help, I located my first target....


....and sent them a very slow moving, airmail package.


Up until this AMX-10P PAC 90, I was trying to be in a better position to lob shells at discovered enemy forces. Either a building was in the way, or the enemy was taken out by the time I was all ready to fire. This time, near the end of things, I discovered on my own, a lone foe....


....who took nothing but damage from only me....


....and giving me my first solo kill on an artillery piece.



  
Yeah, I am not going to make a career out of this vehicle class. Get Juan with it and keep it around for a second reason; special mission and/or event that would require it's use. For all I am concerned, this can collect dust the rest of the time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment